Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Classic Disney.

The Disney movies from my childhood, are my favorites, forever and always. I love these movies. I love the storylines, the romances (even if they're cliche), the comedy, and the song bits. My absolute favorites include Hercules, Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and Mulan. Emphasis on the last one.

Mulan may be my favorite heroine ever. She is such a boss. Entering a war, pretending to be a dude, then saving China. Realistic? Maybe not, but I always found her the most admirable. Along with her, I like Meg from Hercules, and Jasmine from Aladdin for their down-to-earth, non-classical princess qualities.

This is one of my favorite songs from these movies. It's so anti-cliche. Maybe I'm just a fan of breaking the tradition. The dude's head-over-heels for the girl, and she is denying him.

Women at it, being bad@$$ always wins my heart. Toughing it out, and being a man instead of waiting around to be rescued.

A playful number that was also a favorite of mine. Two friends, just being silly and singing about growing up and being the boss of everything. Silly, but it also encourages you to stay hopeful and look to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment