Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Spirit Week

This week my school is having Spirit Week! One of my favorite times of the school year, no doubt. I really enjoy planning how I'm going to dress up for each day.
Some of my favorite memories of past Spirit Weeks...One week we had twin/clone day, where you make plans with someone or a group of people, to dress the same way. Me and my best friend bought Thing1/Thing2 shirts, and wore them with matching jeans, shoes, and hairstyles. That one in particular was a fun one, because it was our original idea. Another was during spring term, we had movie character day. That same friend and I dressed up as Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley, respectively. Obviously that idea was from the book and movie series, Harry Potter. That one was also particularly epic, because our costumes rocked. It was also slightly awkward, because I'm pretty sure a total of 15% of the student population dressed up for that day...oh well...

Next week, we will be having a Decades Day(60s, 70s, 80s), Crayola Day, Twin/Clone day, Jersey/Spirit Day, and Lazy Day.

Now, almost all of these days have been repeated from past Spirit Weeks. This isn't a problem, but being the type of person I am, it somewhat bothers me. I like creativity, and repeating ideas doesn't exactly please me. Now, I'm not going on a rampage saying they should change it, but if I were to create my own fantasy Spirit Week, this would be it:

Mix & Match Day- wear as many conflicting colors and patterns as possible.
Crazy Hat/sunglasses day - self-explanatory.
Celebrity day- dress up as a celebrity of your choice. See if others can guess who you are.
Color day(crayola day with a twist)- pick your own favorite color, and try to dress in only that one color.
Spirit day- Classic. Gotta keep that one. Dress in your school colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment