Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Babies and children make everything better.

Family. Mine is huge. My mother's mother had eleven children, and most of them had children. Some of those children have already had children. WOW. And on Thanksgiving, we all try to fit in one household. My dad's side is a little smaller; my grandpa on that side only had seven children. And most of them had children...and so on.

I love having a big family. There is always something to do, someone to chat with. You are never bored. Although there are arguments too. More often on my dad's side than my mom's. On Thanksgiving, we all went to my dad's sister's house in Illinois. We were silently anticipating bickering. However, I was hoping we could all get along, despite a loud argument that had taken place last Thanksgiving.

Nothing happened. It was really a lovely(and yummy) Thanksgiving. But I think there was a significant factor in this. My cousin Holden, and a baby with his girlfriend about three months ago, and my cousin Katie had one with her fiance the previous month. The small people made the atmosphere so much softer and friendly. Everyone was happy and welcoming.

Babies are innocent, and (almost) everyone loves them. They are cute to watch and hold, until they cry and poop. But that's okay.

I like babysitting children. I love children in general. I'm seriously considering going to college to become a teacher. I volunteer at my church by being an aid for a kindergarten class once a week. It's refreshing, and the kids always surprise me by the funny things they say. More than once, a child had thought I was a parent.

People like people, and people like laughing. I see the two merge in children. Always asking questions and laughing. It makes me miss my own childhood. But of course, as the saying goes: you must grow old, but growing up is optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment