Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Refreshing Daylight Savings

I love the weekend of daylight savings, where we turn back our clocks. Getting one extra hour for the weekend feels nicer than one would've thought. Versus daylight savings in the spring, where you turn forward your clocks. Losing an hour seems more stressful, and gaining feels awesome.

This morning, my subconscious clock woke me up an hour earlier, so being a teenager, I wandered between Dreamland and reality for an extra hour. I woke up extra refreshed, and ready for the day.

I kept glancing at the clock, and realizing I had more time than I thought. I constantly felt like I had an extra hour, even though I had already spent it resting, which was probably more of a psychological thing. Even now, my eye slides to the lower right-hand corner of my screen, and I relish the feeling of being slightly more ahead of schedule.

As nearly every other human does, I wish there was more time in the day. Even just two extra hours: one for sleeping in the night, and one for the day. It would be amazing at first, but then I think people would get used to it all over, and find themselves craving more time.

So what about summer, when students have free time galore? Well, we take the time for granted, and end up doing nothing with it. That's fine to an extent, but then you always get into the late-summer rut, where you are tired of doing nothing.

So what can you do with that time? Well lately I've been pondering that, and I have been thinking of a personal to-do list for times like those, to better myself, or just make my life that more awesome. To perhaps inspire your own to-do list, here's my own list so far:

1) Teach myself how to rap
2) Teach myself how to shuffle.
3) Get back in touch with my interest in rock music.
4) Pick up my clarinet from middle school, and try out playing it on my own.
5) Create a series of outdoor games for parties.

So there's the beginning of my to-do list, to make my lame summer amazing. I hope you take these ideas into consideration, and start to make your own time for things you want to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment