Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

That "End of the School Year" buzz.

It's exciting. Because school is almost out. Less than a week left, and everyone is stressed and excited. Stressed to study for final exams, and finish final projects.

This term, a lot of my classes have final projects instead of tests. Only 3 out of my 8 classes have an actual test. Which is kind of cool, because on finals day, your project is already done, and the most you have to do is a presentation or report.

It's also great, because as junior, many of my classes had seniors in them. "Had," because seniors had their last day a week before we get out. So now many of my classes are less in number. The hallways are certainly less crowded without any seniors.

And now, I'm technically, "the top dog," at school. Now I'm the upperclassman, and there is literally no student above me grade-wise. Which is kind of scary. You'd think it'd be exhilarating, but it scares me how old I am. Part of me still feels like a wimpy freshman. I still get pushed in the halls, but hey, now I'm more justified to push back.

This year, my AP Psychology class had a final project instead of a test. This assignment was certainly much different than any other final project I've done before. We were assigned to do a community service project, using our own unique talents, and to give a relaxed report about it on the last day of school.

As soon as I heard this project, I was excited. I am into service, and when I hear, "unique talent," I immediately think of my art. So I was fairly sure I wanted to do some sort of painting at my school. I was thinking in the hallway, on a wall, where there have been paintings before. I partnered up with my friend, and we painted on the wall. It was a great experience, which I will elaborate on later in a different post, but I just wante to touch base on that final project.

Overall, the end of the school year can be bittersweet. You won't see everyone everyday like you do during the school year, but now you don't have to deal with school work. You can go on vacation, sleep in, hang out with friends, etc. So I am excited, but also sad to leave. At least I have my senior year ahead of me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment