Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Dance dance.

My recent obsession? DANCE. I love dancing, even though I am not particularly gifted. However, I have recently taught myself to shuffle, with the aid of tutorial videos from Youtube. I am quite mediocre, but I have the basic steps down.

While exploring more wicked dancing videos on Youtube, I found another type of dance. Tecktonik.



Tecktonik, I found upon further research, apparently originated in night clubs in Paris in the early 2000s. It mainly focuses on basic geometric movements of the arms, with knees and hips moving in tune to the beat. Tecktonik dance is most favorably and appropriately paired with techno music.

So this is how I've been spending the past few days of my break. Exploring the Tecktonik dance, by attempting to pick up moves from Youtube videos. From someone who has barely seen Tecktonik before, they might think I'm good, but from someone who does, I'm just B.S.-ing every other move. I am not naturally gifted in dancing, but I like knowing that I can do anything with the proper motivation. Tecktonik is my first challenge that I've taken up.

Dance is something that everyone can do, no matter how uncoordinated you are. By definition, you don't have to be good. The purpose of dancing should purely be the enjoyment of the dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment