Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Guilty Pleasures

Everyone has guilty pleasures, or at least I would hope so. I would hate to have written an entire blog about guilty pleasures only to find out that only I have them.

But, I find that pretty unlikely, so here I go.

GUILTY PLEASURE: Something you like or enjoy. But you are embarrassed of your own taste, or what others would think.

I find that guilty pleasures are sometimes taken too seriously by the person who has them. As much as I dislike taking too much interest in what others think of you, I admit it would be near impossible to go through life without considering others' opinions of what you do.

So here I go, telling the internet some of my guilty pleasures.

1) Taylor Swift. *cue mixture of groans and cheers* Yes, Taylor Swift, her music liked by many, many people, especially teenage girls. Some like her, and some don't. I do, though sometimes I feel like I shouldn't. Why? Because some say she is too repetitive, and sings about cheesy love stories. Bleh.

2) Playing old PS2 games. Such as two Spongebob video games that I have, and an old Sitting Ducks game(does ANYONE remember that show???). Sometimes, when I have free time(which is remarkably rare nowadays), I go back and explore the games of my childhood. Cheesy? Yes. Do I care? Sometimes.

3) Spongebob Squarepants. This is sometimes a guilty pleasure, but oftentimes what I will dub, a "proud pleasure." Spongebob- the character I grew up with. I love him as much as I loved him as a kid. I am not ashamed, but I still feel this belongs here, because many people I know consider him a guilty pleasure. Guess what I got last Christmas? The first 100 episodes of Spongebob Squarepants on DVD. If you aren't jealous, you should be.

Guilty pleasures, what do they say about a person? Well, sometimes they can tell you something you never would have guessed about someone, but that doesn't mean it makes the person unlikeable. Often, it's a funny quirk, that doesn't actually represent a significant part of the person. Just a little thing they do, or like.

No comments:

Post a Comment