Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

I can't stop drawing.

the artists are building our own generation
go on try to stop us
we feed on oppression
we fight depression
we will give you sensations
to shake you to revelations

you can't see what we see
try to stop your jealousy
the colors flow easily
we look around and see what should be

snap a picture in your head
you'll tell your kids before you're dead
that you saw what lay ahead
because we paved away from certain dread

to create is expression
to need is obsession
what we have is opportunity
to stimulate the community

our wills crave what yours deny
don't you dare say goodbye
because you too could fly
if you only try

So I was going to sit down and write a blog, but somewhere along the way, I wrote a poem instead. Hence no capitalization or commas. Sorry OCD people.

I've been getting into this awesome groove, where I'm forcing myself to squeeze in drawing time between homework and school. It feels awesome, and I'm really happy about it. I have taken art classes the past two years, but only drew projects when they were assigned. Now I have all these ideas in my head of what I could make on my own.

I also have been starting to listen to music more while I sketch. It helps me loosen my mind, and actually inspired a couple sketches. I'm also researching different drawing and painting styles, such as automatic and speed drawing. Automatic is drawing without a predetermined purpose, so your ending product is completely spontaneous. Speed drawing is drawing under a time limit, with a plan of what you are drawing.

Unfortunately, the latter style is often confused with time-lapse video drawings. Searching on Youtube, it's very difficult to find videos of speed drawing in regular time(although the videos that come from that search are still incredible).

No comments:

Post a Comment