Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

アキバ! Day 7 :D

Sunday, July 15th:

Today, we started off the day by going to a Japanese art museum. They had exhibits from different eras, and different subjects, like fashion. They had a modern art section, which I enjoyed a lot!


Imitating the statues

Modern painting, yay!!

Cool statues!

I think I recognize that era! :)

Then we had lunch at a buffet restaurant, and went to Akihabara. Akihabara is a big shopping area filled with shops and stores, mainly dealing with electronics, computers, and anime. The main building is about 7 floors, completely filled with electronics. There are entire floors dedicated to appliances, cameras, TV's, computers, etc. So naturally, Akihabara is also a popular destination for all nerds/geeks residing in Tokyo. It was a really fun time!


Lunch!

Akihabara! :D

Street view

An おたく that we met! He's dressed as an ANIME character!

Ginger? Asian? I don't care, he was cool.
Then we went to a museum that had a display of information dealing with food in Tohoku(growing crops, different dishes, etc.) and we watched a cool video that showed many artisans and how they make their living.

Stopping back at our hotel, we walked to a restaurant for dinner. Then we had a couple more hours to shop in Shinjuku! I was with Kayla, and we went to a big mall called Lumine. It was really cool, and they had a lot of shops with cute clothes! Kayla bought some accessories for her Yukata! :)

Today is our last day in Tokyo. I'm going to miss it a lot! It was become one of my favorite cities, and I would legitimately consider living here for a period of time.

Tomorrow we are traveling to Kofu for the beginning of our homestay! I'm really excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment