Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Nijojo, Golden Palace! Day 11

Thursday, July 19th:

Today, we had a hotel breakfast, then went to the Nijo Castle. It was very cool, but unfortunately they did not allow photos to be taken on the inside. On the bright side, I finished buying souveniers at the gift shop there!

Nijo Castle! No pictures of the inside :/

A pond outside of the Nijo :)

Then we went to the Golden Palace, which was so pretty! The entire grounds were beautiful too. After that, we had lunch, and went to an outdoor mall and had freetime for a couple hours. Alyssa and I found a store that carries K-POP merchandise! It was so fun, because there's nothing like that in America.

The Golden Palace!!

Our lunch! Sushi and Udon noodles :)

The K-POP store!

Next, we went to a Manga museum, which I enjoyed a lot. I've never read Manga before, but it was still cool. I picked up an English version of 花ゆり団子(Boys over Flowers), and started reading that. It was super good, and now I want to read it when I get back to America!

After that, we returned to the hotel, went to dinner, and then had more freetime in the area. Kayla and I went to a Ramen shop, and then just walked around a big mall.

Cool stairs at the mall!

Movie poster for Brave!!!

Then I did a lot of packing. Tomorrow we leave for Osaka. Tomorrow's our last night in Japan. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment