Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Leaving Kofu :( Hello Kyoto! Day 10

Wednesday, July 18th:

This morning, I got up for the last time at my host family's house. It was sad! I gave Mio a hug before she had to leave for school. My mom gave Sakina and I a ride to school again, and I said goodbye to her. I said, "きずなとごえんがつづきますよに、” which means, "Let's keep in touch!" We hugged, and she left. :(

Sakina and I went to the library, and waited there and socialized for nearly 30 minutes before the bus arrived. Everyone was sad that we had to leave. We really only had two days with our families, and we wish we had longer. Sakina had been saying she was going to miss me since last night.

We went outside to load our bags on the bus, and I took one more picture with Sakina, and she gave me a hug. Several of us were kinda-sorta-crying, including myself. We finally went on the bus, and waved goodbye to our new friends, until the bus pulled away.

Sakina and I! :) Oh, and a teacher totally photo-bombed us!!

It was really bittersweet, and even Kayla was crying!

After the tearful goodbye, we went to a pretty temple in town. Followed by a tour at a castle. As we made our way back to Tokyo, we ate Bento(lunch) on the bus. We arrived at the Tokyo station, and got on another bullet train to take us to Kyoto.

The temple we visited!

The view from the top of the castle we visited!

Another view!

Our bento! It's basically like a sack lunch.

The first thing we did in Kyoto was see a theater performance, showing several different aspects of Japanese culture. It included tea ceremony, traditional music, a puppet play, acting skit, and more! It was very cool.

Tea ceremony demonstration.

The play skit. It was very funny!

Geisha!

The puppet show!

Then we went to an Italian restaurant for supper. Ironic right?

Kayla, Rebecca, Alyssa and I sat in a booth together, and enjoyed a few different pastas, served family style. We also conversed with a guy and a girl (Japanese locals) who were seated in a booth next to us. We had a long and awesome conversation, where we all spoke Japanese! :D They were so cool and nice! :)

Our dinner!

Tepei and Ayana, the two we talked to! :)

Tomorrow we'll be touring places in Kyoto, and shopping some more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment